Kernow Local Medical Committee’s pastoral support service is available to any GP working in Cornwall.
We offer tailored advice and support for a wide range of professional and personal issues affecting GPs including stress, conflict and work-life balance.
Our service includes:
- A rapid response to new cases, normally within 24 hours
- Free and confidential advice, support and guidance
- A personalised service from an experienced local GP assigned to each case
- A network of pastoral support GPs with a wide range of professional skills and interests to cover most eventualities
- Signposting to other services, where appropriate.
If you are aware of a colleague who is struggling and would benefit from some empathetic support, or you recognise that you are in trouble yourself, register online or call our pastoral support service.
If you need urgent pastoral support from the LMC please phone our service now in confidence on 01726 210141 or 07789 775909.
Other useful resources
We have our own useful information on burnout, stress, organisational stress, financial support and the Cameron fund.
As GPs we know the principles of self-care as it affects our patients – but what about ourselves?
Dr Andrew Tresidder has blogged on his experiences for Self Care Week.
Coping with complaints stress
Facing a complaint or a claim can be difficult but there are steps you can take to help manage the stress involved. The MDU offer some good advice on their website.