Merging multiple tickets into a single existing ticket is a piece cake – as long as you’re running under WordPress 4.7 or later. The entire process is initiated from the main ticket list screen in the WordPress Admin dashboard.
Merge Multiple Tickets Into A Single Ticket
- Open the main tickets dashboard (TICKETS->ALL TICKETS)
- Check the tickets you want to merge
- Click the BULK ACTIONS drop-down at the top of the ticket list
- Select Merge Tickets and click the APPLY button next to the drop-down (see image below)
- In the popup window search for the target ticket and click on it
- Click the MERGE button
- Once the process has been completed, click the CLOSE button
Important Notes About This Process
- This is a processor intensive process – if your host gives you limited resources you could experience time-outs.
- Attachments are not merged into the new tickets. However, links in the new ticket give you direct and convenient access to the old tickets where you can view the attachments
- All email addresses on the closed tickets are automatically added to the target ticket.